Location Provo, Utah
Position Full time
The Instructional Designer creates effective computer-delivered English language and literacy instruction for students in primary schools within the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
- Native Spanish language skills
- Teaching experience in a K-6 ESL environment
- Experience in curriculum development and/or instructional design
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and able to effectively manage the workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Graduate studies in English development, curriculum and instruction, and/or instructional technology
The Instructional Designer leads a creative team that includes, video, audio, art, programming, and writing to produce engaging and effective learning activities for elementary students. Instructional designers are also involved with usability, assessment, conferences, and a variety of innovative projects.
Please follow online application instructions at www.imaginelearning.com.
JP ESL Instructional Designer Spanish
We have another position to be posted on ITESOL. This one is for the Assistant Director of Assessment.
The job reference number is 601224 and the link is below:
FULL-TIME TEACHING LOAD: four to six 3-credit courses in 8-week and/or 16-week formats, each of which has 48 classroom contact hours
Start Dates: January 20th and/or March 27th
End Date: March 13th and/or May 15th
- 16 weeks (JAN 20 – MAY 15): twice a week (MON/WED or TUES/THURS) for 1 hour 20 minutes
- 8 weeks (1st8-WEEKS: JAN 20 – MAR 13 & 2ND 8-WEEKS: MAR 27 – MAY 15): twice a week (MON/WED or TUES/THURS) for 2 hours 50 minutes
- M.A. TESOL or closely related field **or** M.A. in other field with 18 graduate credits in ESL
- Experience teaching college-level ESL students
- Experience teaching ESL reading & writing courses top online casinos pay by check
- Experience with technology-based language instruction
COMPENSATION: $825 per credit hour ($2475 per course); potential earnings based on:
- 4 courses: $9, 900
- 5 courses: $12,375
- 6 courses: $14, 850
COMPENSATION SCHEDULE: All academic personal are paid ONCE monthly on the first business day of the month, typically MAR 2nd , APR 1st, MAY 1st, and JUN 1st.
FICA ALTERNATIVE STATE: NO social security tax is deducted from employee paychecks. Instead, 7.75% of earned salary is deducted, matched by the college (16.25% TOTAL) and placed into a fully portable IRA account.
- Contact Stephen Peridore ASAP at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the online application for “Part-Time English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor” – Dept. Int’l Languages posting at:
https://jobs.csn.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1417793592845 & upload all required documents (cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, 3 letters of reference, college transcripts)
CSN ESL ADJUNCT FACULTY JOB POSTING
Continued implementation of the English Skills Learning Center (ESLC) Humanitarian Center ESL Program, whose participants are low-income adult refugees or immigrants seeking employment to support their families. ESLC’s small group programming focuses on basic literacy, driver’s preparation, civics, and empowering parents to engage in their children’s education. Additional oversight of ESLC’s small group programming with our South Salt Lake partnership.
- Supervise volunteers facilitating 60-weekly instructional hours through small group classes at Humanitarian Center
- Support all volunteers through matching with Humanitarian Center small group assignment, frequent communication, regular team-teaching and observations, and ongoing training opportunities
- Act as a liaison between ESLC and Humanitarian Center collaborative partners, such as LDS Humanitarian Center administration and Granite Peaks on-site instructors
- Coordinate the weekly schedules of volunteers assigned to the Humanitarian Center as well as any coordination between the ESLC, Granite Peaks, and Humanitarian Center staff
- Manage weekly substitution needs by finding appropriate replacements and covering classes as needed
- Continue development of Humanitarian Center small group curricula and choose appropriate supplemental materials
- Assist ESLC Community and Outreach Director with regular volunteer trainings and quarterly workshops
- Share responsibility with ESLC staff for providing direct services such as intakes and regular student testing
- Other duties related to the management of student and volunteer programming needs at a partnership location in South Salt Lake
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Above average ability to communicate verbally and in writing with diverse individuals
- Significant experience working with low to moderate-income community groups
- Ability to motivate and supervise volunteers
- Professional competence in cross-cultural situations
- TESOL or equivalent ESL certification and experience as a professional ESL teacher Preference will be given to applicants with experience coordinating programs and/or volunteers in a non-profit setting.
Valid driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Salt Lake County necessary to perform job functions. Background check will be performed on chosen candidate.
Forty hours per week as necessary, with flexibility to work some evenings and Saturdays as required. Paid holiday and vacation; health benefits available. Salary to be determined based upon qualifications. Send resume and cover letter to English Skills Learning Center via email at email@example.com.
The following email was sent regarding a position at BYU’s English Language Center.
I am sending this email to inform you of a new full-time position we have opened at the ELC for a Curriculum Coordinator. This position has been posted on BYU Yjobs site and will close on August 4th at 11:59pm. Basic requirements include having completed an MA in TESOL or related field and 3 years’ experience including curriculum development. Please see the Yjobs site for full details. If you meet these qualifications and are interested, I encourage you to consider applying. Also, please pass this information on to colleagues who may be interested in applying. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
NEvans norm underscore evans at byu dot edu
Teach Taiwan HS students English using the Seven Habits for Teens book as a basis. $15/hr. Need to have experience teaching ESL. Class will be held on the UofU campus, teacher needs to be able to get to the U campus on their own. For more info send resume to Julie Lefgren, firstname.lastname@example.org