||Services to Older Refugees Coordinator
|PROJECT: slots real money
||English Language Center
||__ Full Time _X Part Time
||_25_ Hours per week
||__ Exempt _X_ Non-Exempt
||$20 per hour
||Steve Rainey, Program Director
||September 8 thru September 22, 2015
Under the Services to Older Refugees (SOR) program, the coordinator will be responsible for connecting with community services and providers, developing appropriate activities for older refugees, teaching multilevel English language classes for adults 60 years old and older, utilizing trauma-informed practices to provide students with opportunities to socialize, build community, and prepare for the naturalization process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and teach senior ESL (English as a second language) classes; evaluate and adapt curriculum to client needs; integrate citizenship and civics topics into classroom instruction; prepare students for the interview and English Language Test portions of the citizenship exam;
- Differentiate instruction for students at beginning, intermediate, and advanced proficiency levels;
- Plan and execute social events, field trips and community service projects for older refugees;
- Collaborate with Boise State University faculty and students through Project SHINE (Students Helping in the Naturalization of Elders), a national service-learning initiative in which university students assist elder immigrants and refugees in their efforts to learn English and obtain US citizenship;
- Collaborate with outreach workers, case managers and resettlement agencies to develop and provide programs tailored to the needs of elder refugees in Boise;
- Conduct regular assessment of senior ESL students’ English language development and progress towards class learning objectives. wms jungle wild slot machine
- Schedule presenters and interpreters as needed to connect class with community events and programs;
- Research and apply best practices in working with refugee elders;
- Provide instruction utilizing trauma-informed service practices;
- Maintain accurate records and compile and submit semiannual reports to program director;
- Maintain records of curriculum, lesson plans, and materials;
- Maintain communication with program director on concerns, successes, updates and issues;
- Regular attendance required.
- Experience in curriculum development;
- Experience successfully coordinating events or programs across community organizations;
- Experience working with a variety of language groups and cultures;
- Experience in adult education and familiarity with current trends in adult education;
- Familiarity with citizenship/civics issues;
- Training and experience in providing trauma-informed service; top us online casinos us players
- Basic computer skills;
- Must be able to pass a criminal history background check.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and be able to provide proof of state required liability insurance coverage;
Masters in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Applied Linguistics, or related field or bachelors and 4 years’ experience teaching adults in English Language Training (ELT) setting.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
General classroom/office setting, working with individuals from various cultural, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sitting, standing, walking, repeated hand and wrist motions (for computer use) are required. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Complete the Jannus Employment Application available at www.jannus.org and send with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Or fax to 208.331.0267 or mail or deliver to 1607 W Jefferson St., Boise, ID 83702.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this job.
Jannus is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Jannus, Inc. shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR sections 60-1.4(a)(7), 60-300.5(a) and (d), 60-741.5(a) and (d), and 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, if applicable. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals including on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, pregnancy, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity, veteran status or disability, military status, or any status protected by federal, state or local law and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.