Location Provo, Utah
Position Full time
The Instructional Designer creates effective blended learning activities, including online delivered curriculum and teacher led lessons for students in primary schools within the U.S. The instructional designer works independently and collaboratively, develop learning activities that meet standards, engage students, and result in measurable learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
- Additional teaching certification in English as a Second Language
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Experience in curriculum development and/or instructional design
- Current teaching experience in a K-5 ESL environment
- Practical experience using Microsoft Office and other popular authoring tools
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Graduate degree in English development, curriculum and instruction, and/or instructional technology
- Leadership experience in curriculum development
The Instructional Designer leads a creative team that includes, video, audio, art, programming, and writing to produce engaging and effective learning activities for elementary students. Instructional designers must research and apply current literacy and English language development theories and practices to their designs. Instructional designers must be able to write complex text, apply standards in developmentally appropriate ways, and collaborate with peers. Instructional designers are also involved with usability, assessment, conferences, and a variety of innovative projects.
Please follow online application instructions at www.imaginelearning.com.