Faculty Position: ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL)
Application Review begins April 25th
- Teach the equivalent of 24 credits annually in the education program with a focus on ESL plus the equivalent of three credit hours or more in institutional service as defined by the School of Education.
- Assist in meeting various forms of accreditation (NCATE, TEAC, Northwest, USOE, etc.), and state and national teacher education standards requirements.
- Coordinate with local school district personnel to ensure that the DSU elementary education program prepares students for K-12 ESL needs.
- Supervise and mentor DSU students in field experience settings.
- Perform campus duties including holding office hours, advising students, attending faculty and other DSU meetings, and serving on university, school and department committees.
- Consult with department chair and dean in creating and delivering curriculum.
- Adhere to department, school, and university policies.
- Doctorate degree required, (Must be completed by August 1, 2014) in English as a Second Language education.
- Minimum of three-years experience teaching ELL students in a K-12 setting.
- Demonstrated ability in successful teaching (finalists will be required to demonstrate competence by teaching a lesson).
- Demonstrated ability and interest in creative, unique, and effective approaches to teacher education.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both orally and in writing.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Candidates must be competent with the use of technology in instruction.
Terms of Contract: Tenure track (9 month) faculty position. Begins fall semester (August 2014). Salary is based nationally competitive Dixie State University faculty salary schedule. Excellent benefit package included.