The following email was sent regarding a position at BYU’s English Language Center.
I am sending this email to inform you of a new full-time position we have opened at the ELC for a Curriculum Coordinator. This position has been posted on BYU Yjobs site and will close on August 4th at 11:59pm. Basic requirements include having completed an MA in TESOL or related field and 3 years’ experience including curriculum development. Please see the Yjobs site for full details. If you meet these qualifications and are interested, I encourage you to consider applying. Also, please pass this information on to colleagues who may be interested in applying. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
NEvans norm underscore evans at byu dot edu
Teach Taiwan HS students English using the Seven Habits for Teens book as a basis. $15/hr. Need to have experience teaching ESL. Class will be held on the UofU campus, teacher needs to be able to get to the U campus on their own. For more info send resume to Julie Lefgren, email@example.com
Faculty Position: ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL)
Application Review begins April 25th
- Teach the equivalent of 24 credits annually in the education program with a focus on ESL plus the equivalent of three credit hours or more in institutional service as defined by the School of Education.
- Assist in meeting various forms of accreditation (NCATE, TEAC, Northwest, USOE, etc.), and state and national teacher education standards requirements.
- Coordinate with local school district personnel to ensure that the DSU elementary education program prepares students for K-12 ESL needs.
- Supervise and mentor DSU students in field experience settings.
- Perform campus duties including holding office hours, advising students, attending faculty and other DSU meetings, and serving on university, school and department committees.
- Consult with department chair and dean in creating and delivering curriculum.
- Adhere to department, school, and university policies.
- Doctorate degree required, (Must be completed by August 1, 2014) in English as a Second Language education.
- Minimum of three-years experience teaching ELL students in a K-12 setting.
- Demonstrated ability in successful teaching (finalists will be required to demonstrate competence by teaching a lesson).
- Demonstrated ability and interest in creative, unique, and effective approaches to teacher education.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both orally and in writing.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Candidates must be competent with the use of technology in instruction.
Terms of Contract: Tenure track (9 month) faculty position. Begins fall semester (August 2014). Salary is based nationally competitive Dixie State University faculty salary schedule. Excellent benefit package included.
Job Opening – UVU ESL Adjunct instructor
UVU ESL Program is looking for ESL certified adjunct instructors.
For more information, see the following link http://www.uvu.jobs:80/postings/6114
To learn more about our program, please visit http://www.uvu.edu/esl
We look forward to hearing from you.
Jim Pettersson Ph. D | Director – UVU English as a Second Language Program |
Office: LA 234f
Utah Valley University|800 West University Parkway| MS 276, Orem UT 84058
Phone: 801-863-8721|Fax: firstname.lastname@example.org |
We are recruiting for experienced ESL teachers to score the edTPA. We are looking to reach teachers who have supervised a teacher of ESL at either K-12 or in higher education. We are in high need of this specific content specialty. I was hoping there might be a way to have this opportunity posted on the Intermountain TESOL job board.
I truly appreciate any assistance that you may be able to lend.
Carrie Garstecki, PHR
Assessment & Instruction
Learn more at https://sites.google.com/a/pearson.com/regional-scoring/home
Do you need help with travel expenses to attend the TESOL convention in Portland, OR? The TESOL Awards Committee invites you to apply for a number of awards.
The application deadline is 1 November 2013. For more information, please visit the TESOL Awards & Grants Web page or email email@example.com.
Thanks for your participation in I-TESOL. If you are interested in sharing notes, presentations, or handouts, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the details for the Rocky Mountain TESOL Reception in Dallas.
Date: Thursday, March 21
Time: 7:00 to 9:00 pm
Location: Sol Irlandes Mexican Chop House, 1525 Main Street, Dallas
Food: Full Buffet with ribs, bacon covered shrimp, veggie quesadillas, beans, rice and guacamole
We have a private room upstairs. All food is free for attendees, and there is a cash bar for drinks.