Faculty Position: ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL)
Application Review begins April 25th
- Teach the equivalent of 24 credits annually in the education program with a focus on ESL plus the equivalent of three credit hours or more in institutional service as defined by the School of Education.
- Assist in meeting various forms of accreditation (NCATE, TEAC, Northwest, USOE, etc.), and state and national teacher education standards requirements.
- Coordinate with local school district personnel to ensure that the DSU elementary education program prepares students for K-12 ESL needs.
- Supervise and mentor DSU students in field experience settings.
- Perform campus duties including holding office hours, advising students, attending faculty and other DSU meetings, and serving on university, school and department committees.
- Consult with department chair and dean in creating and delivering curriculum.
- Adhere to department, school, and university policies.
- Doctorate degree required, (Must be completed by August 1, 2014) in English as a Second Language education.
- Minimum of three-years experience teaching ELL students in a K-12 setting.
- Demonstrated ability in successful teaching (finalists will be required to demonstrate competence by teaching a lesson).
- Demonstrated ability and interest in creative, unique, and effective approaches to teacher education.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both orally and in writing.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Candidates must be competent with the use of technology in instruction.
Terms of Contract: Tenure track (9 month) faculty position. Begins fall semester (August 2014). Salary is based nationally competitive Dixie State University faculty salary schedule. Excellent benefit package included.
Job Opening – UVU ESL Adjunct instructor
UVU ESL Program is looking for ESL certified adjunct instructors.
For more information, see the following link http://www.uvu.jobs:80/postings/6114
To learn more about our program, please visit http://www.uvu.edu/esl
We look forward to hearing from you.
Jim Pettersson Ph. D | Director – UVU English as a Second Language Program |
Office: LA 234f
Utah Valley University|800 West University Parkway| MS 276, Orem UT 84058
Phone: 801-863-8721|Fax: email@example.com |
We are recruiting for experienced ESL teachers to score the edTPA. We are looking to reach teachers who have supervised a teacher of ESL at either K-12 or in higher education. We are in high need of this specific content specialty. I was hoping there might be a way to have this opportunity posted on the Intermountain TESOL job board.
I truly appreciate any assistance that you may be able to lend.
Carrie Garstecki, PHR
Assessment & Instruction
Learn more at https://sites.google.com/a/pearson.com/regional-scoring/home
Do you need help with travel expenses to attend the TESOL convention in Portland, OR? The TESOL Awards Committee invites you to apply for a number of awards.
The application deadline is 1 November 2013. For more information, please visit the TESOL Awards & Grants Web page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your participation in I-TESOL. If you are interested in sharing notes, presentations, or handouts, please email them to email@example.com.
Here are the details for the Rocky Mountain TESOL Reception in Dallas.
Date: Thursday, March 21
Time: 7:00 to 9:00 pm
Location: Sol Irlandes Mexican Chop House, 1525 Main Street, Dallas
Food: Full Buffet with ribs, bacon covered shrimp, veggie quesadillas, beans, rice and guacamole
We have a private room upstairs. All food is free for attendees, and there is a cash bar for drinks.
NAU is looking for instructors. See the following attachments for more information.
Salt Lake Community College is looking for an ESL certified teacher who can teach a developmental reading (RDG 0990) course on MWF at 1:00 pm. The course is to begin in January 2013. The majority of the students in these courses speak English as an additional language, but there may also be some native speakers of English in the classes. The main purpose of these courses is to help students develop and improve academic reading skills. Part-time teachers are compensated at a rate of $680.00 per credit hour (RDG 0990 courses are 3 credit hours). If you are interested and available to teach this course, please send a resume with current contact information to the SLCC Reading Coordinator, Kathleen Johnston (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
ELS Language Centers is currently hiring teachers in various capacities to teach international students at our ELS Laramie Campus. We are looking for experienced teachers who hold MA degrees in TESOL, foreign language instruction, and certification in ESL methodology; a bachelor’s degree is required. Instructor is responsible for planning, teaching and evaluating assigned classes in accordance with the ELS curriculum, which holds a communicative method approach for language learning. ELS Laramie prepares college-bound international students to read, write, and communicate successfully in an academic setting; located at the University of Wyoming, we offer teachers opportunities for professional development and advancement through our teacher training and collaboration with the University of Wyoming. Teachers are hired for four week intensive sessions, with opportunities for continuation based on student enrollment. Candidates must display cultural sensitivity; personal satisfaction derived from and enthusiasm for teaching international students; empathy for the problems of learning English as a second language; and good communication and organizational skills.
If you are looking to expand your teaching skills in a fast-paced, intimate learning community, with academically bound students from across the globe, ELS Laramie is the place for you!
To learn more about ELS, and about ELS Laramie, please visit http://www.els.edu
Let me know, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Academic Director, ELS Laramie
ELS Educational Services, Inc.
c/o University of Wyoming | Laramie, WY 82071 | United States
Tel: +1.307.766.3900 | Fax: +1.307.766.3901
Avant Assessment, a leader in web-based foreign language testing, is seeking Target Language Experts to work with us on language tests in the following languages:
Please see the job description here.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.